Dr Saibal Guha,
MBBS, FRANZCP, MD (Psychiatry), Graded Specialist in Adult Psychiatry (Ex-Indian Armed Forces).
I have practiced Psychiatry for over 20 years, after qualifying in Psychiatry from India and working as a Psychiatrist with the Indian Navy for 5 years before coming to Australia. I have Indian and Australian Psychiatric qualifications with special interest in: Adult ADHD, Complex Mood and Anxiety Disorder, Neuropsychiatric conditions (with special reference to treatment involving rTMS and ECT), Neurodevelopmental conditions (like Adult ASD), PTSD (including patients from DVA background), Functional Neurological Disorder and Telepsychiatry (for rural and remote locations).Comorbid substance use related disorders and psychiatric conditions linked to medical disorders. I do provide some medicolegal and work cover related services. I am interested in Military Psychiatric care given my background with the Armed Forces.
I am a member of Committees with the Royal Australian College of adult Psychiatrist Brisbane and also am involved in Registrar Training at Belmont Private Hospital, Brisbane. I am a Senior Lecturer with the University of Queensland. I am an ardent user of telepsychiatric services for the past 8 years for clinical, administrative and teaching purposes across Rural and Remote locations in SA, Qld and Tasmania.
MBBS – National Medical College, Kolkata, India (1986)
MD (Psychiatry) – Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India (1998)
Graded Specialist in Psychiatry – Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India (1999)
FRANZCP, Australia (2006)
- Consultant Psychiatrist – Pinel Clinic, Belmont Private Hospital, Brisbane (2011- to current)
- Dy Director Mental Health, Country Health, SA (2010-11)
- Clinical Director, Acute Care Team, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane (2009-10)
- A/Clinical Director, Acute Mental Health Unit, Toowoomba (2008-09)
- Extensive experience in rural and remote mental health whilst working at Toowoomba and as a Residential Psychiatrist based at Whyalla, SA.
- Extensive experience in Telepsychiatry since 2004, whilst servicing rural and remote locations of SA and Qld.
- Mental health conditions associated with medical disorders